Senior User Experience Designer, November 2011 – current
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Information Architect, Jul 2009 – November 2011
- Conducted user research, built low-fidelity wire-frames and high-fidelity mockups for user testing, and optimized webpage for search engine.
- Ensured compliance with government branding and accessibility requirements.
- Kept tracks of major projects’ progress and facilitated communications among multiple groups, including clients, developers and managers.
Asus – Fremont, California
Interaction Designer, Contractor, May 2009 – Jul 2009
- Analyzed resistive and capacitive touch screen behavior, conducted user study, wrote technical specifications and designed native mobile touch screen applications.
- Collaborated with external solution providers, oversea engineers on rolling out the first prototype in three months which got featured on famous tech blog engadget.
SAP Labs – Palo Alto, California
Student intern, User Experience Team, Jun 2008 – Dec 2008
- Won 08′ SAP Sustainability Design Challenge (Every second spent on this project came from my afterwork hours)
- Constructed three CRM and CSM prototypes for SAP enterprise Suite 2009
- Conducted end user research and developed use cases
Skills & Software
- User Experience: Contextual Inquiry, Heuristic Evaluation, Competitve Analysis, user research, persona and scenario, wireframe, lo-fi / hi-fi prototyping, usability testing
- Information Architecture: Microsoft Visio, Axure,
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
University of Michigan, School of Information – Ann Arbor, MI
Master of Science in Information, Human-Computer Interaction – May 2009
Shanghai University, School of Engineering – Shanghai, China
Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering – Jun 2005
Honors & Publications
- 1st Place Winner of 08′ SAP design challenge, awarded on 08′ SAP annual All-hands Meeting
- Paper “Visual Carbon Label” Accepted by ACM CHI conference 09’, will be delivering a presentation
- Merit Scholarship from School of Information, University of Michigan